Managing and Administering Medicines
Medical conditions are increasing amongst the UK’s school-age children. This course takes a look at the duties schools have to deliver medical support for a wide range of conditions such as asthma, anaphylaxis, diabetes and epilepsy, discusses policies and procedures and takes you on a guided tour around a high quality medical facility, touching on mandatory elements of your provision.
Course Presented by:
Key topics covered
· Explore the legal parameters of administering medicines in schools;
· Outline the roles and responsibilities which impact medical management;
· Look at the common medical conditions which you will have to manage and discuss how to meet specific medical needs;
· Discuss the purpose of managing and administering medicines effectively, including aspects as inclusion and equality;
· Detail expected standards of training for staff and your medical facilities on your site; and
· Outline the role of Individual Healthcare Plans in systems of care.